I am hired for local or remote session work consistently. It is something I really enjoy and I have a well equipped studio and natural process for it. Bass and Guitar. I often get questions about the process:
Session Work FAQ
How much does a session(s) cost?
All cost is determined session by session but I am a consistently reasonable session player. There is no completely accurate estimate that would be appropriate for all sessions or projects but all aspects are discussed in advance before we begin. Some factors that affect price are:
- How many guitar or bass tracks the song or producer require?
- How quickly do you need the tracks completed?
- Difficulty, Length or Complexity of the song(s)
- Independent or Major budget. Level of musicianship and production. Is this a demo, lower budget album or a master quality session?
- In rare cases the session work request will be denied due to low quality performance on the reference tracks sent. In these cases you can resend later after the track has been re-done.
What do you need from me/us before you can record the tracks?
- Reference track(s) for each song (This can be a rough mix or individual tracks)
- Basic chart for each song, simple chord layout or number system preferred.
- Detailed explanation of what type(s) of part(s) you would like for each song. This includes the number of electric, acoustic, bass tracks etc..
- Recording Format details: Bit rate, Sample rate, Length etc.
How quickly can you complete the track(s)?
That is dependent on my current workload, travel schedule or availability when the session is requested. When you contact me, we can discuss the details of your timeline and agree upon a schedule, start and finish date. I generally work efficiently and quickly.
How will I receive the tracks (deliverables)?
I will provide correct (bit/sample) high quality guitar tracks via download link dropbox, my own server or your FTP client if you choose. MP3 or low bit tracks are often provided for reference during the evaluations. All finished high-quality .wavs are delivered after final payment.
What if I want changes to the track(s)?
Session rate includes 2 rounds of revisions (based on clear feedback) – so you can be assured that you’ll get the tracks you want. Despite revisions, most clients are pleased with the first delivery of tracks as I am conscientious and focused on the project intention. Any work requested after 2 revisions will be billed at $40 per track per song.
What type of gear do you use?
A fantastic combination of high-end vintage and modern gear. RME, Dangerous Music, Manley, Universal Audio, Great River, Emperical Labs, Midas, Lexicon, Eventide, Vintage TC Electronic, Focal and Dynaudio monitoring etc.. Modern and Vintage guitars, modern and vintage basses, tube amplifiers, tube direct, solid state direct analog or digital modeling.